Lace and Silk Ribbon Bonnet.





This is a very elegant Baby Bonnet.


It's from the pattern "Christening Bonnet Collection".


It is made by stitching Lace Insertion and Silk Ribbon together to create a "fabric"  from which to cut the bonnet.


I made a pretty Rosette for each side. 


 Do you see the tiny Shank Mother of Pearl button in the center of the Rosette. 
 I love to do that!


The back is made the same way.


If you look close you can see that I did not zig zag the ribbon and lace together.  I put the ribbon just on top of the lace and used a straight stitch.


The lace frill frames baby's face so nicely.


I don't have a real baby handy so I have to pretend. 


 I call it playing with dolls.  But this little dolly is the size of a Newborn which makes her perfect for me.




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister



No comments:

Post a Comment